Hello beauty babes! I hope you’re having a fab week so far. This winter, I’ve had to focus more on my skin care routine because my skin has been super finicky… (insert eye roll emoji).
For the first time, I’ve had to deal with dry skin patches, which is something I’ve never had with my super oily skin. I also started getting a bunch of little bumps around my chin area that would not go away. And on top of that… dark circles under my eyes have made an appearance! (Woo! Not.) I guess my college lifestyle has finally caught up with me.
After a lot of experimenting with products here’s what I’ve discovered works best and why:
- Clarisonic Mia 1 Skin Cleansing System – this has been a game changer for me! It deep cleans my pores, and I’ve noticed the biggest difference on my nose. My pores have gotten smaller and I don’t notice as many blackheads. Just make sure you change the brush head every 3 months!
- Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser 16oz – in the past, I’ve used cleansers that have salicylic acid in them (to prevent acne), but they were drying out my skin. This cleanser has different types natural oils in it, so it conditions your skin as it cleans. It’s gentle on your skin and super effective at keeping a clear complexion.
(this is my second bottle!)
- Oxy Maximum Action Treatment Pads – I used to use these in middle school! And a couple of months ago I was in Target browsing through the aisles (because who doesn’t?) and I saw that these claimed to unclog pores, which I needed for the little bumps near my chin! When I use these it helps with any texture on my skin. I will definitely continue to repurchase this product! Note: this does have salicylic acid in it, but I only use it at nighttime and it doesn’t irritate my skin.
- E.l.f. Illuminating Eye Cream – this cream has definitely improved my dark circles – and it’s only $10!!! I was skeptical that an inexpensive eye cream would work, but this really does! Bonus- it has jojoba, Vitamin E, cucumber, shea butter and green tea in it, so it’s very hydrating and soothing.
- Pond’s Cold Cream Cleanser – If you’re not familiar with this, you massage the product on your face with your hands to loosen up dirt and makeup, and then you wipe it off with a damp washcloth. The first time I tried this product I was seriously impressed! It removed my makeup better than any makeup remover and my skin feels so moisturized and healthy after using it.
- Tony Moly I’m Real Mask Sheet – I’m a huge fan of face masks and I haven’t tried a Tony Moly mask that I haven’t liked! They are the perfect way to pamper your skin on a lazy Sunday or on a Friday night in. You can buy a pack of 11 for $11.43 here!! They retail at Ulta for $3.75 a mask, so this is a great deal.
I hope you enjoyed learning about my favorite skin care products ;). Comment what your favorite skin products are! I’m still on the search for my favorite moisturizer, so let me know what yours is!