It’s starting to get to that point of the semester. Exams, writing papers, group projects (major eye roll), and studying are consuming my life. So, I’ve been trying to squeeze in some self-care whenever I can to de-stress. Here’s my list of self-care ideas:
- Exercise. Whether it’s at home for 20 minutes or an hour at the gym. Exercising is a great way to de-stress!
- Take a bath. Probably my favorite way to relax after a long day. I love mixing Epsom salt with essential oils!
- Take a nap. Try to limit your naps to 45 minutes or less, so you don’t wake up groggy!
- Knock some things off on your to-do list.
- Watch your favorite movie or TV show.
- Turn your phone on airplane mode for an hour! Unplug and relax.
- Declutter. I get overwhelmed when my closet is exploding with clothes and shoes. So, I try to go through it and organize it at least 3 times a year!
- Listen to your favorite music.
- Take deep breaths and stretch. I always feel so calm and relaxed after I stretch.
- Do something you love. For me that would be dancing, shopping, baking, playing with my makeup or spending time with loved ones.
- Make yourself a healthy meal.
- Read. Whether it’s your favorite book, an online news article or a blog post!
- At home spa day. Lounge around in a bathrobe all day, give yourself a facial, paint your nails!
- Light your favorite candle.
- Set some goals for yourself! Write them down, so you can keep yourself accountable.
- Reach out to an old friend.
- Treat yo’ self! You deserve to splurge occasionally. Buy that $30 lipstick you’ve been wanting, get your hair done, or book a girl’s trip.
I hope you all have a great week, and make time to take care of yourself! You deserve it.